A walk on the lane




As I write this, we find the whole world in the middle of the corona virus….the biggest challenge to the human race in modern times and this is a small diversion to the everyday issues. Slaymaker Lane is where I walk most days and here's my thoughts.

                                                                                                                                         August 2020




In all these dark days, when things look so tough

When the sky looks so clear and blue

                                                I go for a wander on Slaymaker Lane

And all my daydreams come true



I go for a stroll on my leafy lane

And things never seem quite so bad

The first sight of a primrose in springtime

What’s better than that to make you feel glad



Reflections of the sun on the water’s edge

Showing glints of all the fish below

And a heron standing there motionless

 Waiting to have a go



That duck on the pond with it’s ducklings

Paddling as fast as they can

As I stand there talking to others

Watching water flow over the dam



The sight of the cows all grazing

Chewing cud in the midday sun

As I stop to talk to a jogger

Out for his morning run



This leafy lane in autumn

With a wind blowing all the leaves

And the distance hill on the skyline

Such a pleasant sight to see



Even the snow in winter

Can’t dampen my love for this lane

New and different sights every day

Just hope it can all remain
 

No comments: