The Old Man's Allotment

A day on the allotment is never a wasted day!


My Allotment
I’ve got m’iself an allotment 
‘Cos I like to grow m’i own 
Eat five a day, that’s what they say 
Better hurry up and get some seeds sown

We’re all old pals at the allotment 
Swapping produce to keep us all fed 
We gather together in all sorts of weather 
When it rains, we sit n'talk in the shed

As a child, I listened to m'i mother
When she said "eat up all y'r greens"
The temperature's rising, better get  more planted
Along with the sprouts and the peas 

I’m going on down to m’i allotment 
‘Cos I’m worried about m’i spuds 
No sign of them yet, not a leaf or a shoot 
On account of the rain and the floods

Time to sow more seeds at the allotment 
Put some canes up to support all the beans 
Beetroot and peas are bound to taste sweet 
Along with the sprouts and the greens

I’m spending more time at the allotment 
Now the sun has come out full blast 
I’ve done all m’i sowing, m’i seeds are all growing 
And m’i spuds are now sprouting at last

Now all’s not just right at the allotment 
With an influx of those dreaded moles 
I’ve done all I can to get rid of the pests
Now just need to repair all the holes

I spend so much time at m’i allotment 
People think it’s a love affair 
But I’m only keen on growing m’i veg 
Not women with long blond hair

I’m going every day to m’i allotment 
With m’i tools, ready for the next task 
Then I sit on m’i seat, in the sun and the heat 
What more can any man ask!

No comments: