Early Morning Dreams

Everyone tells me I should write a love poem.....something romantic....so here goes!


I lay and watch you sleeping

 The morning light on your hair

 Dreaming away, sleeping softly

 Breathing slowly, without a care


Your smooth skin so soft and tender

 Your soft skin touching me

 Your face, like the sun’s gentle rising

 Such a pleasant sight to see


Your hand reaches out instinctive

 Holding on gently to mine

 Your breath so warm and fragrant

 Then that gentle kiss...that’s just fine.

 

That kiss, and I'm young again

Like the first time we met

Then all these years together

How could I ever forget

 

I wonder just what you are dreaming

 As you lay in your gentle sleep

 Are they about our happy times

 Do they come from somewhere deep

 

You stir and then wake for a moment

  Then snuggle on down once more

 Your body is warm and inviting

 Just making me want you more

No comments: