When I was a young Lad

You know you are getting old, when you start thinking about things like this!


When I was a young lad, roads were all straight and long
The skies always blue, and we knew right from wrong
And those distant hills looked greener

Now I am older and look back at my life
It’s been pretty good, much pleasure, some strife
And I have fond memories to share

When I was a young lad, jobs were a plenty
People had respect….everyone was thrifty
And I had the confidence of youth

Now I look back…before computers or gameboys
Just football in the street….not a houseful of toys
And wonder where it all went wrong

When I was a young lad, all the girls were so pretty
They always dressed nice….they were gentle and witty
And there were good times a plenty

Now I look at the young girls today
With tatoos on their arm, and purple hair
And I think they looked better back then

When I was a young lad, I’d the world at my feet
We were told that technology was the new white heat
And I believed it all back then

Now I take note of different comments
I no longer work, and have time for my friends
And try to put something back for others

When I was a young lad, people were all so polite
We walked without fear…could go out every night
And I had enjoyment unbounded

Now I just wonder if the worlds’ a better place
Wonder what will become of the whole human race
And I’m glad I’m not a young lad today

No comments: