Thoughts while waiting

I recently had to attend the out-patients department of our Hospital, and while waiting to see the doctor the following thoughts went through my mind



I’m in this place that no one likes
The hospital waiting room
It’s all very nice, clean and tidy too
But is filled with this aura of gloom

We all sit there not daring to ask
What the person in front is ailing
We just look around in all directions
And then for a change, at the ceiling

The nurses are all kind and helpful
And provide us with all our needs
But do they look behind our face
With all those unspoken fears

I look at the young lad sat next to me
Wondering what his complaint is
Then a casual comment between us
And I know his concerns are the same

I watch the next patient going in
His face full of fear and daunting
Watch him again as he come back out
And I’m left with this sense of haunting

No comments: